submit to reddit Creative Commons License
Valid XHTML 1.1 Valid CSS!

The Body

This is my work log of how work with the body progressed:

When doing this, do not forget to think about the neck too. There are many things to keep in mind, one example is how the distance of the neck effects the location of the bridge. I made both the body and the neck at the same time.

Before you commence with this you will need to choose what dimensions you want for your neck, you should also consider if you want to use a truss rod or not. I decided the dimensions during the work, but I do not recommend it.

5th of December:
Here are some better pictures that I took of the balalajka.


10th of December:
Today I have drilled the holes for the neck fastening. I have also increased the holes for the potentiometers. I used some special drill heads to lower the head of the screws...

Here are some pictures:

This is the screws that I have decided to use for the fastening of the neck.


11th of December
Today I have rerouted the control cavity so that it looks better and so that the potentiometers fits perfectly. It will also be easeier to make a cover for it. I have also worked with the holes for the fasteing of the neck a bit.

I choose to make a template so that I would get a better result when routing, I first made a papper template of the current cavity and then I moved the lines out a bit and made them straight. I then transfered this to a plywood plank, I then used drill, a sabre saw and a file to get it out.

The pictures:

Back - Next